To apply for certification:
- Download “Certification” Application Form.
- Complete application form according to the instructions given below
- Post “Certification” application form, supporting documents and cheque payment to:
c/o Ms Linda Wan-Koh
80B Lorong J Telok Kurau, Singapore 425885.
You will be notified of the outcome of your application when it has been processed. If application is successful, you will receive a certificate from the association stating you are a Certified EMDR Practitioner for a period of 3 years.
Instructions for completion of application form:
1) Have you completed an Approved EMDR Basic Training recognised by EMDR Singapore?
Answer YES or NO on the application form and attach a certified copy of your Certificate of Completion of your EMDR Basic Training program.
2) Do you have at least 2 years of clinical work experience in your field of practice (psychology, social work, counselling, psychotherapy, or psychiatry) OR 500 hours of professional practice client contact hours?
Answer YES or NO on the application form and attach certified documentation supporting this statement.
You may use the following Generic Clinical Log OR you may substantiate this statement by a letter from your place of employment. [NB: random checks will be done by the certification panel]
3) Have you conducted at least 50 EMDR sessions with no less than 25 clients (within the last 3 years of submitting this application)?
Answer YES or NO on the application form and attach certified Client Session Log supporting this statement. [NB: random checks will be done by the certification panel]
4) Have you received 15 hours of supervision/consultation by an EMDR Singapore Approved Consultant after the completion of your Basic EMDR Training?
Answer YES or NO on the application form, and submit Consultation Log signed by the Approved Consultant(s).
Please note that at least 5 of these hours must be individual consultation. The remaining 10 hours may be obtained through small group consultation (max 4 pax/group for a minimum of a 2-hour session – i.e. at least 30 minutes of case consultation per person).
5) Are you currently a Full Member of EMDR Singapore and in good standing?
Answer YES or NO on the application form.
If you wish to apply for membership with EMDR Singapore, application can be made at this link: bit.ly/EMDRSGMembershipForm
Membership fess: SGD40 (1 year) or SGD110 (3 years).
One year runs from1 April through 31 March the following year.
6) Payment of Certification Application Fee: SGD50
Indicate which payment method you are using and provide the reference details such as cheque number, or for online payment – your name and what payment is for so that we can track it:
Cheque payee to “EMDR Singapore”
PayNow: UEN T10SS0113F
Bank Transfer: OCBC Acct No. 629-353830-001
7) Declaration Statement
Complete and sign the form in front of a witness.